Monday, July 19, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch Chaaanges

"...With her delicate soul, I don't claim to know much
Except soon as you start to make room for the parts
That aren't you, it gets harder to bloom in a garden
Of Love..."
A while ago a friend of mine told me she would never change for anyone ever, and I thought, well that's a bit selfish, after all what if your hurting someone? Then shouldn't you change? Thoughts of the same nautre have buzzed in my head ever since then. And whilst at her house "Bottle It Up" by Sara Bareilles comes on and I hear the lyrics above and it made me realize that she right. You can't change for someone you love (romantically or otherwise) because then they can't love YOU back they love someone your not.
If you are ever going to change you have to do it for yourself and not for anyone else.
But even then I'm not so sure about change, its such a strange thing. And it makes me wonder, can we ever really change? Fundamentally aren't we always the same person? Is change just a temporary phase we go through?
Basically, is it possible to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment