Monday, November 8, 2010

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"


When whoever the mysterious "they" is, they were right when they so wisely said that there is beauty in everyday, you just have to look for it.
Sometimes on those mundane days, where every little thing piles up on your never-ending to-do list of tasks beauty is lost on us. It's lost through no fault of the world or people around us, the world and the people around us never stop being beautiful, it is us who fail to recognize it. I realized this today while walking from where my bus drops me of -every morning- to my school and I was astounded by how picturesque and beautiful the sun peeking up from behind the building looked. So I took the photo I posted here on my cell phone.
Then I realized, where I live in the world is constantly surrounded by beauty. It's just a matter of finding it in everyday life. Sometimes its hard, and more often than not I've condemned the world to this awful, industrial, passionless place but then I have moments like this where I realize beauty is always there but sometimes its a choice to see it.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment